Sunday, June 16, 2013

Catch the Sunrise

On the 1st of June 2013, I woke up at early at 3.45a.m to hike.
The initial idea was to catch the sunrise so I had to wake up early even on holiday. I felt perfectly fine and excited for the hiking, it has been a while since I last hiked. We had planned the event for quite sometimes already and finally we made it happens for real.

So Vincent, Pang, Poly and I departed at 4.30a.m from Bukit Jalil and we relied on the GPS to reach Semenyih. We felt sleepy of course, but on the other hand we felt so healthy, waking up early in the morning, no jam, no traffic lights (*opps). We reached Broga Hill at 5.15a.m and surprisingly the parking lot was already full with cars and stalls selling torch lights and T shirts. It was my second time of conquering Broga Hill, the first time was 3 years ago!
Can you see all the sleepy faces?

We began hiking at 5.30a.m and I got to admit it was not easy to hike in the dark, I can barely see my own fingers. My friends took care of me a lot, do I look like I'm that weak anyways? LOL.

.
..
...
....
Finally!
I reached the first peak! It took almost 45 minutes for me to reach the first peak. Okay I know I was slow. They wanted to conquer the second and third peaks but I seriously had low battery to carry on, next time perhaps! And so we stopped at first peak and waited for the sun to rise.

It's actually great to see how the sky turns from this:
to this

I know the sky hasn't changed anything, it's the rotation of the earth does the job.

Of course we took some random photos on that day too.







I never liked the Sun, but I've changed my mind now, I will come back again for the following peaks. My body is asking for more hiking to reduce the Low density Lipoprotein (bad cholesterol).
.
.
.
.
.
The story hasn't ended!
We were so excited and hungry after hiking and Vincent suggested to have breakfast at Seremban! Okay fine, I always like random plan like this.


-The End-


Jasmine




No comments: